We are currently accepting applications year-round for all locations.
Primary Duty/Job Statement
The Driver is responsible for operating a truck and trailer to deliver petroleum products. The Driver is responsible for the proper and efficient completion of assigned duties and operation of the assigned company vehicle, within Company policy.
- Driver must be able to conduct a pre-trip inspection of their assigned truck per company policy
- Driver must be able to safely operate a Class-A tanker truck
- Driver must be able to conduct a post-trip inspection of their assigned truck required by DOT (Department of Transportation) standards
- Loading and Delivering of Petroleum Product
- Must be able to lift loading hands (50-60 lbs) and secure to loading head
- Must be able to operate loading computer
- Detach product arms and hoses
- Move to Bill of Lading (BOL) House to collect all BOL documentation
- Secure area at Drop-off destination with safety equipment
- Manually or electronically obtain pre-delivery tank readings and analyze all variables
- Safely transfer petroleum product into correct tanks
- Obtain post-delivery readings
- Maintains vehicle cleanliness and able to perform routine maintenance
- Report all illnesses, injuries, and accidents regardless of how minor they may appear
- Physical/Cognitive Requirements
- Be able to perform heavy lifting (50+ lbs)
- Regular stooping bending, crouching, and kneeling
- Long periods of sitting (up to 3 hours)
- Current Commercial Driver License with hazardous material, air brakes, and tanker endorsements
- Meet DOT physical and medical requirements
- Pass substance abuse screening and agree to random substance abuse screening as required by Company policy
- Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to converse with general public, understand highway traffic signs and signals, and respond to official inquiries and make entries on reports and records
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to communicate using computer devices supplied by the company
- Must be able to work safely and efficiently unsupervised
- Driver must be able to pass a road test
- Schedule is based on seniority. Starting drivers must be willing to work nights and weekends. Drivers must be willing to work up to 15 hour shifts.
- A Class A Commercial Drivers License with Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement
- Verifiable proof of prior driving experience
- Minimum two years of heavy haul experience
- Prefer two years of fuel experience
- Must complete 10 years of work history, with gaps in employment listed
- Must be at least 23 years old
- Terminal Requirement Training
- Company provided training consisting of both physical & electronic training
- Company provided safety training safety, and PACE Defensive Driving Training
- The Driver reports directly to the District Operations Manager.
- The Driver does not have direct reports.
R.B. Stewart Petroleum Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Related Links : https://www.rbsfuel.com/careers/apply-today